Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, March 16, 2014

'NO LINES' TECHNIQUE - MY INTERPRETATION

I have long admired so many cards with images coloured with the 'no lines' technique and decided to give it a try.  At this point I must admit that I use Copics, Spectrum Noir, Promarkers, Letraset Pantone and Graph'It alcohol markers  all together on the same image . .. and it works for me despite the recommendations not to mix brands.  I haven't watched any colouring tutorials and when I started building my collection of markers I experimented and came up with my own techniques.

Whoopi Goldbery once remarked that it never occurred to her parents to teach her that there would be some things she couldn't do..... And so it was with the 'no lines' technique - I saw it done and thought "I can do this!"

Here is the result:


The image Thanks! is My Mo Manning and here is a closer look:


I probably broke a few 'rules' and didn't follow the right procedure, but I love the final product.  I think next time I may print the lines a little lighter.   

To create my card, I used the following from my stash:

white CS card base
two colours of blue CS for the mats
assorted blue pearls
heart shaped pearl bead
assorted ribbons
glittered number - self adhesive
peel off sentiment

Thanks for visiting me today!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

i WOULD LIKE TO ADD MY CARD TO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES

SEND A SMILE FOR KIDS, PASTEL COLOURS (most of  my cards go to the local children’s home or the Childhood Cancer Association)



19 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous!
    The image is adorable:)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Hugs, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is soooo cute ! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft Garden ~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. I love the no line image and how it really makes for a different look. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our ATG challenge.
    http://stampinwithinkonmyfingers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen your no lines card look fantastic. Saw it over on Mo's blog and so happy it's at HIMCR. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Nancy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card with those sweet flowers, perfect for our Flower theme at Milk n Coffee this week. And perfect no line coloring! Thank you for joining us and I hope you'll come back again. Hugs, Rita DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning, love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at The Craft Garden this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Certainly paid off "doing your own thing", this is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute! Your card is beautiful :)
    Thank you for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs.
    Hugs, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this on our new Clubhouse Jen, and have to say your colouring is amazing!!! I don't think you need rules! Its all about what works for you and this certainly works!!! Do a tutorial and create your own rules..lol
    Thanks for sharing with us at Mo's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen - you know how I love your work and this is another amazingly beautifullly coloured card. Fabulous layout and that bow is awesome. Glad you shared it at SendaSmile4Kids. Ina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, absolutely love the colors. Thank you for sharing another lovely piece in this month's pastel challenge on The Craft Garden.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is cute. I like the accents in the corners. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is just WOW! Your colouring is so stunning, can not believe that this is your first try on this technique.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil this fortnight. Hope to see you playing again soon!
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! I've been meaning to try the technique too, just haven't gotten round to it yet! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Waw looks really pretty! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and fab attempt at no line technique. Either way this is such a gorgeous card :) x Thanks for joining us over at MilkCoffee Challenge. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, the coloring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Craft Garden!

    --Lisa
    Craft Garden DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card, gorgeous colouring. Thank you for sharing with us over at ABC Challenge. Take care, Ann-Marie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!