Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, January 5, 2014

USING PEEL-OFF's IN A NEW WAY

I received some rather uninteresting (because of the lack of detail) peel-off's for Christmas, and this is how I decided to amp them up a bit:


I added a feather, some sequins, and I think the paper pricking brings the peel-off to a whole new level - I love the look!
I also used the following from my hoarded stash:

cream coloured CS base card
apricot coloured CS mat
to different DP's inked
twine
satin ribbon bow
sewn on sequins and beads
peel of sentiment

The technique needs a little refinement, so I consider this a 'prototype' of sorts... but looking to take this a little further ...

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:


14 comments:

  1. So creative Jen. The piercing definitely add some dimension.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the peel off sticker! I believe I've got the exact same set of stickers and I will definitely keep this in mind when I get to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, saw some great cards on your blog, you go girl!

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is great! The piercing is great .. it does add to it!! Gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for joining us for Challenge #1 over at Open-Minded!! So excited you joined!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful card,thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge!Good Luck!
    Iva DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous vintage card Jen! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever and now more elegant. I guess you could call this up-cycling :) Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh! Such a beautiful golden touch!! Totally adore your card, Jen!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Would love to see you again next challenges :)
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, great use of peel offs! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow that's very clever of you! I would have never thought of doing this with it! Love the use of the feather.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous details on this gorgeous card. Love the way you "dressed up" the sticker! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Jen! Love the colors and all of the details. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs month long Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the piercing in the peel-off!! Adds a lot of panache! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow with your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!